SEO, A thing of the PAST??!!

11/09/2012 10:15:00 AM 0 Comments


          


Emperor sign on- Great Vibes, Due Diligence, Taking Action.  This young lady Ti Roberts is just filled with information so, come and get it!!!

Emperor sign off-

7 Things I Hate About SEO: How I Put An End To My Content Marketing Misery!




Attempting to crack the SEO code in my opinion  is on of the biggest tail chasers in the Internet marketing industry.  Round and around, and around we go, where we stop…. no one knows!
I’ve been involved with internet marketing for the past 7 years and I’ve learned a great deal about the art of online marketing, especially SEO.   I was once a SEO fiend too… giving all of my backlinking praises to theroyal Google fanny.
Along the way I’ve gotten some bruises, fell down and scrapped my knees a few times but I’ve learned some hard lessons.  So I’ve decided to let you in on my love hate relationship with SEO and share how I’ve recovered from my SEO addiction.
By the way… if you’re a SEO fiend and you’re easily offended, leave your comments below and we’ll discuss it :)

It came out of nowhere:

Like most newbies, I was extremely overwhelmed when I first discovered the underground world of internet marketing and it didn’t take long for “SEO bandit” to grab hold of me.
While in its grips and doing its bidding, I discovered the following 7 things that I at first thought were going to be my ticket to traffic freedom… but they soon turned into my merciless slave drivers:
1.)  Endless Article Spinning – Oh… my… word!  I can not begin to express my extreme distaste for article spinning.  Don’t get me wrong.  I’m sure there may be many of you who enjoy article spinning and get a good amount of traffic from doing it, but in my opinion article spinning is the biggest waste of time and money (if your outsourcing it).
When I first discovered article spinning starting out, I didn’t have a marketing budget to outsource it.  So I actually spent countless hours of my own time concocting so many sentence variations, synonyms, and nested spin syntax that I could start my own content mill.
Today I wouldn’t think of doing that!  I’ve traded it in for something much more effective.
In the same amount of time it takes to spin a 500 to 600 word article and plaster it all over cyber space, I’ve found that it’s more worth while to spend it writing a truly value packed article and doing some high profile content syndication on sites like:
2.) Backlinking - Now I will say that backlinking does play a valuable part in building up a sites authority and reputation, but it doesn’t take spewing out article spins to every article directory that’ll accept your articles to get them.
It’s more so about the quality of the backlinks rather than the quantity. I used to utilize countless renditions of article marketing spinners, gizmos and gadgets to get backlinks.
Yet another, huge waste of time and money.
Not only does the Google Gods frown upon them, in my experience it didn’t really do much to help my SEO traffic. More on that in a minute.
I now engage in a much more fun way of building backlinks to my site by actually participating in blog commenting.
This has truly become one of my favorite past times :)
Blog commenting not only allows you to build high quality backlinks, it’s also fun to engage with your fellow blogging community.  Not to mention the windfall of traffic it’ll gust your way.
4.)  Article Marketing Software - Let’s see here, 1… 2… 3… oh and let’s not forget #4, lol.  Yes, I’ve wasted money on 4 of these CPU draining monsters.  And for what?  The promise of hundreds of backlinks to my website, easier spinning, and increased traffic.
Ummm, that didn’t work out for me either.
Granted, it did automate the sign ups to the article directories (well… the 10% that would actually allow it to sign up).  And it did automate the article submission process (to about 10% of the sites that it actually signed up for).  And yeah, they even increased my backlinks… by about 1 to 3 links a week (and that was after blasting countless articles to over 1,000 directories daily).
In the end, I concluded that article marketing software is just about as useless as a dead smartphone without a charger.
Today I focus on syndicating my content on sites that actually send traffic like:
BlogEngage.com
Blokube.com
BetterNetworker.com
BizSugar.com (my personal fav ;) )
Business2Community.com and
Biznik.com
3.)  Keyword Research - Ohhhh, the hours of my life lost doing keyword research.  As a newbie just learning about internet marketing and SEO, I was a keyword research junkie.  And with the “analysis paralysis” I sometimes suffer from, it only made it worse.
I’ve just completely let go of the whole “keyword research” concept all together. Ugh! What a headache.  I’ll leave that to you niche site gurus ;)
All I focus on now is just creating truly original, useful and entertaining content with a killer headline :)
Such a simple concept and much more bearable.
5.)  Redundant Google Updates - Now this is really getting old.  I’m sooooo over it, lol.  First Panda, Then Penguin, and oh  yeah… did ya’ hear about the latest one?  Exact Match Domain Update.
Ya’ know, I’m pretty sure that Google’s gonna always be around, but with the constant changes that comes when it’s on “monthly cycle” and its constant mood swings… it’s really not as attractive as it used to be.
I’ve become a firm believer in the power of community and social traffic.  And from what I’m seeing, social media is definitely where it’s going to stay at.  So, my time is better spent with sites like:
  • JustTweet.com
  • SocialOomph.com and
  • WarriorForum.com
6.)  Submitting to Article Directories - Lol, this takes me wayyy back… to my earlydays in internet marketing… I’m talking like my first couple of months.
One of first traffic generation strategies that I ever heard about was submitting articles to various article directories.  I remember coming across a list of the top 50 article directories and actually manually signing up for them all and attempting to submit my one article to all of them.
#EpicFail
By the time I got to my 15th article directory, I’d discovered automatic article submission software.  Although at the time automatic submission software seemed like it was going my saving grace, it barely did anything to boost my traffic.
Today it’s a whole other ball game :)
It makes much more sense to focus on high-profile article marketing.  It’s all about getting as many people to see your content as possible, with the least amount of work as possible.
To put it simply:
Work smarter, Not harder
7.)  The whole SEO process - I actually used to like the whole SEO process.  I took pride in it.  Believe it or not, I was pretty darn good at it.  I could get nearly any keyword I targeted on the front page of Google within the first 24 to 48 hours.  There was even a time where I deemed myself a “SEO Geek”.
But after a while, I found myself feeling limited… restrained… like aunruly schizophrenic wrestling to get out of her straight jacket.
The SEO process is quite intricate and fascinating.  And yes, if done properly (given that you roll with Google’s punches) you can rake in a good amount of traffic from it.  But in my experience, SEO really diluted my creative juices and I just can’t imagine ever going back to the zombie like monotony of the SEO ritual.

Breaking free and spreading my wings

As I said before, this post was in no way meant to offend SEO lovers or bash SEO as a whole.  These are my personal takes on the things I dislike about SEO and how I found my way to true content marketing bliss :)
Today I couldn’t be happier with my content marketing strategy.  Well… I don’t know that I would actually call it a strategy, it’s more of just me being who I am and sharing it with the blogosphere.
If you like it, great!  If you don’t, even better! There’s nothing wrong with a little bit of confrontation every now and then. Lol.
The whole point of blogging and content marketing is to leave your original footprint and have fun doing it.  I can honestly say, that I’m actually having a Football Sunday blast blogging now and I’m beyond excited to see where it’ll take me.
I’d like to know your thoughts on SEO and hear some of your personal experiences.  What do you hate most about SEO?  What do you like most about SEO?  Let me know in the comments below.
See ya’ around the net!
Ti Roberts-http://TiRoberts.com


E-mailPaysU


                                                      E-mailPaysU





Follow/Friend/Like


0 comments:

If you don't say Something how will we Know What you're thinking!??!