FREE Videos: Speaking with people the correct way about Your Opportuity

10/04/2012 01:32:00 PM 0 Comments

Eagles Fly With...

Well You Already know the ending so, on that note, some words of wisdom from the wise Vitaly!



There’s an old saying in our business thatyou don’t attract the people you want… you attract people who are like you.
For many that’s a hard pill to swallow.
Because I remember about 10 years ago, I looked around my team (the ones who were showing up for the weekly training on a regular basis)… and it looked pretty depressing.
John Maxwell in his leadership books teaches that you can’t be a 5 on a leadership scale and attract 10′s. It just doesn’t work that way.
If you’re a 5, you’ll attract 2′s and 3′s. And if you want 5′s, then you’ve got to be a 7 or 8 in terms of your leadership.
Now there are many aspects of leadership, and I’m not going to try and tackle them all here, but there’s one specific thing I’d like to share that could help you dramatically improve the quality of the people you attract into your business.
It’s something we hear about all the time, but I’ve developed a much different take on it, then I had back then.
And this one thing is…
YOUR VISION…
… and how it fits into your recruiting process.
Now let me take you back to how I used to recruit people, and how MOST recruit others.
What I tried to do was appeal to everyone. A very common mistake made by almost EVERYONE in our industry.
Hey, you wanna make an extra $500 bucks a month?

Great, I can help you do that.

Wanna create a passive stream of income, where you can just refer people to me and I’ll do all the work?

Fantastic, I’d love to work with you… oh don’t worry, you don’t have to do much, it’ll be totally passive and I’ll do it all.

Would you like to start part-time, and potentially make six-figures?
Join my team, we’ll train you how to be a six figure earner… just look at all these people we’ve got makin’ money.

Now, I’m almost embarrassed to admit it, but that’s how I thought for YEARS. I wanted to cast my net wide and as I mentioned above, appeal to everyone.
Hey if they can fog a mirror, I want them. And whether you admit this or not, you either have this same attitude OR had it at one point.
And I was in a leadership position too… you know top producer and all.
See, my upline didn’t sit down with me and slap me upside the head like he should have to knock all this nonsense out of me.
‘Cause he did the same thing.
We used to say that we only want “quality” people to work with, but secretly I was willing to recruit anyone.
It’s numbers game, right?
WRONG!
Yes, it is a numbers game, but I found that you’ll almost never attract good quality people, with leadership skills, and a real potential to become a top earner if you have this attitude.
Here’s a little story I heard from a big MLM leader in my former company. Unfortunately I didn’t fully grasp it and buy into this philosophy for many years.
Back when he first started, he held interviews to recruit people.
Now this guy was a former top level executive with a Fortune 500 company, so his attitude and expectation of people was much different than most who join our business.
And he told story of a guy who came in to see him, Joe.
Joe owned a family pizza shop and worked 13 hours a day.
As a matter of fact, it was actually Joe who told this story.
Well, anyway, Joe went to see him and told him he wants to do this thing.
This former exec, told Joe, that he’s TOO BUSY for success.
And if he is serious about doing this business, then he needs to sell his pizza shop and when he does, come back and see him.
Joe did it, and became a multi-million dollar earner and one of the very top leaders in the company with 15,000 plus in his downline.
Now let me ask you, would you have the guts to tell someone to sell a business so they can join your team?
See this guy didn’t dilly-dally around with all this part-time stuff.
Of course he attracted a lot of people who did it part-time, but that wasn’t his target.
He was looking for LEADERS, and his expectations were much higher than looking for someone to make an extra few hundred bucks a month.
I discovered that every big leader I’ve met, pretty much had the same attitude.
Yeah, you can do this business on your terms… BUT they weren’t going to personally work with anyone who wasn’t serious, 100% coachable, and shared in the same BIG VISION they had.
I know what it’s like when you’re trying to sponsor your first person.
Heck, it took me 1 full year in this business to get someone to join me and all it cost was $35 for the application.
ONE YEAR!
So I know what it’s like to be desperate, but desperate people attract others who are desperate.
Truth is we want everyone on our team, but the only way to attract the cream of the crop is to have a BIG VISION, high expectations, and sell the BIGNESS of what you do.
Anyone looking for less than that will automatically be attracted to your leadership.
So that’s my little tip for the day.
By the way, if you’d like to master the art of recruiting people, where you can quickly size them up and have themselling themselves to you, instead of the other way around…
… then I highly recommend you pick up a copy of Black Belt Recruiting.
I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again…
… I only wish had something like training when I first started.
It would have saved me YEARS of frustration and very little results.

Please “like” and “share” this post if you found this helpful.
Cheers,
Vitaly Grinblat

0 comments:

If you don't say Something how will we Know What you're thinking!??!