Confident not Cocky!

10/07/2012 02:31:00 PM , 0 Comments


I know that we all struggle with this issue from time to time.  Some more than others so, I wanted to share some information and advice from Vitaly on this issue
Sign off-Emperor


I’d like to tell you a story (true story) of a $74 lunch that helped me change my outlook on what I can do… you could say even change my life.
But first let me say this…
If there’s one thing that can help you achieve success and greatness in anything it’s CONFIDENCE.
Having an enormous amount of confidence with a healthy self-image is a sure-fire recipe for success.
I believe kids today need that more than ever to stay out of trouble and not fall victim to the peer pressures of the society. And it’s no different for adults.
Confidence is the key to unlocking your true potential as it serves as the fuel you need to pursue you passions, achieve your goals, and live the life you want.
Where as lack of it, will always keep you stuck and living an unfulfilled life.
It also help you attract more people. We naturally gravitate towards those who are confident.
Being confident makes you stronger mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.
Bottom line is, you can’t have TOO MUCH confidence.
But Here’s The MILLION DOLLAR Question…
How do you develop this confidence?
Are some people just born with it?
In the 4th grade, I had to get on stage in front of the whole school with the rest of my class, and we were taking turns answering one question. The answer to which I had in my hands, and I still managed to screw it up, and can still remember the kids laughing.
I have other stories, but you get the point. I wasn’t the most confident kid in the world, but somewhere along the line it started to change.
But of course you can imagine the SHOCK of my family when I got involved in this business.
“You, in sales, calling people and going to their homes?”
That was my motivational talk :) .
So as you can see, I didn’t have this confidence oozing out of me. But I did have the desire to change. And that’s ALL you really need.
What I figured out is you don’t just wake up one day and become confident. You build it, brick by brick, one day at a time.
And you do it by stacking your wins and successes.
So here’s the story of my “$74 lunch”.
This goes back years ago, when I was in the business for a few years and having just gone full-time. I had a little success under my belt, a few recruits, some sales… but not much to brag about yet.
And when you’re full-time and need the money, you start getting very creative about getting on appointments.
There’s literally NOTHING that I haven’t tried in this business to get in front of people. That’s a story for another time.
Everyday, my goal was that I need to be on the phone and I need to get in front of someone. You have to, or you’ll just go broke and eventually quit. And that WASN’T AN OPTION.
So one Monday morning I remember I bought the Detroit News, and immediately flipped to the Money Section. I don’t read newspapers, but on Mondays they used to have (maybe they still do) a section about “someone” in the area and some success they’ve had with money or investing or something like that.
And sure enough on the cover of that section was a young guy, Abdullah Muhammad who had small real estate investment thing going with his brother, and they were doing pretty good. Buying apartment building, fixer uppers, etc… and the article was about this guy’s success in that field.
And get this, his brother (and his partner) was Muhsin Muhammad, a star player in the NFL, a wide-receiver for the Carolina Panthers.
And… Abdullah, also worked as an engineer for Ford, in Dearborn, Michigan, which was literally 20 minutes from my office.
I said to myself, what IF I can get this guy to join my business… he’s obviously very entrepreneurial… and what if he connects me to his brother… my mind started racing with ideas, excitement and the possibilities of where that could lead to.
So I took a deep breath, picked up the phone, called Ford Motor Company’s main number and asked for this guy.
And a few seconds later we were talking. I told Abdullah I read about him in today’s paper, congratulated him on his success, and said that I just have to meet with him because I’ve got some business ideas I want to share, etc….
To my absolute surprise the guy said… “YES, let’s meet for lunch. How does Ritz Carlton sound? They have a great buffet there.”
Ritz was across the street from Ford Headquarters, and what was I gonna say NO? Although going to Ritz Carlton for lunch, was definitely not in my financial plans at that time, having just gone full-time in the biz.
The lunch ended up $74, and we had a really good conversation, he said his brother will probably be very interested to talk more about the investments next time he’s in town.
I did some follow up with him after, but nothing ever came out of it. Maybe he was just being courteous initially.
But that doesn’t matter. What matters, is that I was sky high at the time, that I picked up the phone and landed an appointment with someone I read about in the paper, whose brother was a NFL star.
This kind of stuff gives you CONFIDENCE.
You see, every little or big accomplishment in your life is a stepping stone towards creating an Unstoppable Confidence.
It’s actually a NLP technique.
To see and feel yourself when you did something you’re proud of, a moment when you were 10 feet tall and felt like you could do anything.
Don’t you wish you felt like that all the time?
When you recall that “magic moment” with all the feelings (this is key) and as vividly as you possibly can… you then switch and start thinking and seeing your current goal, projecting the same feeling of accomplishment into the image of what you’re after right now.
This is a very powerful way to recreate this state, program your mind with “confidence” that you can accomplish your goals…
… but even more importantly, as you build your warehouse of accomplishments you create this unshakable confidence, that shows up in all areas of your life.
So look for opportunities to reflect and celebrate any success, no matter how small it may seem, because it all counts on your journey to live the life of your dreams.
Cheers,
Vitaly Grinblat

As usual Vitali hits home with the points that matter most.  Today's post however was something I found very relevant to a lot of us in The MLM, Network Marketing field.  Well let us know your thoughts and share with those who you feel could use this advice...
Looking Fast Forward 2 Our Success
Emperor- NRZ Inc.
Follow/Friend/Like




0 comments:

If you don't say Something how will we Know What you're thinking!??!