CAN YOUR HOBBY MAKE YOU RICH!??!

10/29/2012 11:10:00 AM 0 Comments

Emperor sign on- Real quick , I just wanted to let you guys know that we are always and, I mean ALWAYS reading, researching, writing and working to bring you the most valuable, influential, and entertaing post out there!  Leave a comment to let us know we're doing that...Sign off-


The other day my daughter asked me what’s my hobby.
Well, truth is… what I do IS my hobby.
Marketing, business, sales… ALL OF IT, I’m totally and completely consumed by it.
She thought about it for a moment and said “but that’s your work, I’m talking about a hobby.
So we walked over to a window and I started pointing to our neighbors houses…
“See that house there? They leave at 6 am to go to WORK and stay chained to a desk for 8 hours before they get to go home.”
“See this house over here… they leave at 7 am to go do the same thing.”
“And basically all our neighbors, except for stay at home moms (which we have a lot in our neighborhood)… have to get in their cars, drive to some places usually fighting traffic and stay there for 8 to 10 hours working for someone ELSE.”
THAT’S WORK!
And then I proceeded to explain to her that what I do is not really work. I mean of course I do work, as in I do things and create things, etc…. but see I get to do exactly what I want to do and do it on my own terms.
I showed her one site by a young man, who is passionate about fitness. He took that passion and turned into a huge online business.
Fitness is his hobby and he was able to turn his hobby into a stream of income.
Then I showed her some other websites of people who are passionate about music and other things that have taken these hobbies and turned them into PROFITS.
Can you really call this WORK, in the same way that all these other people go to work?
What about athletes and entertainers?
You think that a ball player has any bigger hobby than playing ball… and does he consider it work?
I don’t think so.
So my hobby? It’s all about business, marketing and creating things that cause profits.
See, I’ve started this a LONG time ago. Back when I sat in my very first opportunity meeting (you know that’s when people got together in a meeting, not on a webinar :) ), and I caught the entrepreneurial bug.
I started to read and listen to everything I could get my hands on that had to do with sales, business, etc…
And when you get “consumed” by something to this extent for a period of time… it starts becoming a major part of who you are.
Most people people think of their work and careers as something they DO when they work.
Years ago I was at a party and met a man, who happened to be a 7th degree black belt in Tang Soo Do (a type of Korean Martial Arts). It just so happens that I’ve studied Tang Soo Do some time before, so we hit it off and he couldn’t stop talking. He’s been at it for 30+ years, well known in the World Tang Soo Do Association, ran schools, tournaments, etc…. He could talk about it 24 hours a day, it was his hobby, his passion and his business.
As a side note, I recruited him and his wife into my old business and he was pretty active for awhile. It was one of the easiest people I ever recruited because we had something in common that was his life passion.
Being an entrepreneur is 24/7, even when you’re not “technically” working.
Sure I like sports, music, travel, etc… but call me weird if you want too, all that is something I do to temporarily get my mind off of what I really think about pretty much all the time which is MARKETING.
As a matter of fact that is WEIRD.
It’s weird not having to fight traffic do something you either hate or tolerate, for 40 years because you HAVE TO pay the mortgage.
It’s weird not to always know whether it’s Monday or Friday, because you’re NOT living for the weekend.
It’s weird to think about creating profits, vs getting a raise without really contributing more, simply because you’ve “been there” for a while.
It’s weird to go take a nap in the middle of the afternoon if you feel like it, then wake up and see that you’ve made money because someone bought one of your products or some affiliate sales you’ve made.
Yep… IT’S WEIRD.
That’s why it’s hard for people like us (well, I’m speaking about me mainly), to be around “normal” people for a long period of time. Because sooner or later they start talking about “money issues” or “work issues” or how they can’t wait to “get away” and go on vacation so they can forget about work.
Or people who spend HOURS talking about all the ways you can save money and find deals and all that…. while I’m sitting there thinking, “Why don’t you talk about how to make MORE money instead?”
I don’t know what to say to them because I can’t relate to it… that’s not my reality, that’s not the world I live in, and the best part is I’ve made a firm decision a long, long time ago NOT to be like that.
This is why what I do is my hobby.
The hardest part for me to accept was that not everyone is like that.
They want the rewards, but they don’t want to pay the price and become like that.
Instead of learning skills that can make them FINANCIALLY FREE… they’d rather mow the lawn, clean out their garage, play softball or whatever…
But anyone who reads and studies and goes to “meetings”… basically INVESTS IN THEMSELVES… they call “obsessed”.
Have you ever been called “obsessed”?
That’s good, because I’d rather be obsessed with making myself and my future better… then being obsessed with taking my mind off of what I hate to do… but HAVE TO DO IT.
You can actually take what you love and enjoy doing and MAKE THAT your business.
Cheers, Vitali Grinblat
          
                    E-mailPaysU






0 comments:

If you don't say Something how will we Know What you're thinking!??!